We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In this recipe, delicate fish is enhanced by cooking on cedar planks. Serve with rice.
23 people made this
- 1 untreated cedar plank
- 6 (150g) mahi mahi fillets
- 250ml bottled teriyaki sauce
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 fresh jalapeno or green chilli, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:45min
- Soak the plank in water for at least 2 hours, longer if possible. Place the mahi mahi fillets in a shallow dish and coat with teriyaki sauce. Cover, and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mangoes, pepper, spring onion, coriander and jalapeno chilli. Season with salt, pepper, garlic granules and lime juice. Stir together then cover and refrigerate until serving to blend the flavours.
- Prepare a barbecue for indirect heat. If using charcoal briquettes, arrange and light coals under one half of the barbecue.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the fish fillets and season with chipotle seasoning, red chilli flakes and hot sauce. Place the fillets on the plank.
- Place the plank on the barbecue over direct heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Move the plank with the fish over to indirect heat (the cooler part of the barbecue), cover and cook for 10 more minutes or until fish can be flaked with a fork. Top fillets with mango salsa and serve immediately.
Cedar planks for barbecuing can be purchased online or in specialty shops. Ensure your planks are untreated.
If you can't find chipotle powder, try using a chipotle paste, such as Discovery, to taste.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(29)
Reviews in English (22)
One of my all-time favorites. I used Tilapia for it. So many flavors - nice and spicy. Salsa was so good! This was rated a 10 by my whole family. Thanks for sharing this one!-27 Jul 2007
Wonderful and easy dish! I wanted something quick and easy, so I didn't make the salsa. I marinated frozen tilapia filets from Costco in the teriyaki sauce with some crushed garlic, then I sprinkled the filets with lemon juice and Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning ( left off the pepper flakes and hot sauce) before cooking them like the recipe said. I topped it with fresh cilantro and served with salad and quinoa. Absolutely devine!-26 Jul 2011
This recipe was excellent! My one comment was that maybe I would use less red pepper flakes or maybe no hot sauce..because this fish was spicy!!We also used swordfish which was amazing...just like steak and very juicy from the plank.-26 Nov 2007