We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Berry cake
Fresh raspberries or fresh blackberries steal the show in this cake - it is your choice! You can also toast the pecans in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes before adding to the cake to really bring out their flavour.
27 people made this
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 6 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 250ml soured cream
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 225g toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g icing sugar
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:35min ›Extra time:20min cooling › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 25cm tube cake tin.
- Stir together raspberries and dark brown soft sugar; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together flour sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt; set aside.
- In a third bowl, cream together soured cream, butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour mixture just until moist.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the berries and 1/2 of the pecans in pan, then pour in half of the cake mixture. Pour over the remaining berries and pecans. Spread the remaining mixture over the berries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While cake bakes, make the icing. In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 60g icing sugar. Remove cake from tin and let cool 20 minutes before icing.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(30)
Reviews in English (25)
This recipe was a huge success with my friends! I don't have much luck with coffeecake/muffin recipes, but this one came out great! The batter is a bit thick - it doesn't 'pour' - but I didn't have any problems spreading it over the berries. I agree with another member that halfed the amount of pecans....that was plenty. I added a few drops of fresh lemon juice to the icing - it was great!-16 Jan 2008